Wooden Blog

Friday, April 9, 2010

Time Constraint Limited Depth of Publishing Presentation

I never had a desire to write my own book before so the thought of hearing from a publisher never really piqued my interest. He arrived fairly late so by the time we started getting into the in depth details about his profession it was already time to move onto the writing exercise. As I remember we had roughly 20 minutes to write and review our pieces. After about 10 minutes we started reviewing and he touched on a few pieces lightly and the time quickly ran out. The fact that we didn't have time to really analyze the writing exercises limited the active participation aspect that was intended for the exercise. I wasn't that interested in being a spot news writer for the local news industry either, but the KOIN speaker was very interesting, maybe due to the fact that she worked in an industry basking in the lime light. I'm sure publishing can be equally fascinating and relevant to an average college student but I didn't feel very engaged in this particular presentation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home